Go back to News
2019.05.19: TDE Weblate Translation Workspace Available!
The Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new TDE Weblate Translation Workspace (TWTW)
collaboration tool, which allows users to easily translate TDE strings into their languages and contribute to improve the quality of the TDE translations.
TWTW is a self-hosted instance of Weblate designed to manage TDE translations. It is tightly integrated with TDE Gitea Workspace (TGW) and provides:
- a simple and clean user interface for working on translations
- integrated quality checks of translations
- displaying of referenced source files in TGW
- retrieving translations and templates from TGW
- automatic updating of translations according to the templates
- automated committing of translations back into TGW
- proper crediting of translators in commit messages
- consistent updating of strings from both stable and development branches
Thanks to TWTW users can simply focus on the translation work without having to worry about how to get the translation template files, how to update them and how to send their changes back to developers. Even users without any coding knowledge will be able to successfully contribute to improve translation strings and make TDE an even better environment.
Read more about TWTW and how to use it on the wiki
and access the workspace here
© 2010-2022 Trinity Desktop Project